a cake a day

Friday, March 19, 2010

Hedgehog slice


This yummy, yummy chocolate slice I first eat in Colenso Cafe . I didn't put the Colenso Cafe recipe in, as I know how upsetting it is, if somebody spills the beans about your baking secrets :). But this is a quite similar and just as yummy recipe.You can vary it as much as you want, put nuts in, coconut, raisins..... I will give you the basics.

Ingredients:
1 packet of butter (wine) biscuits, crushed
2 tablespoons of sugar
2 tablespoons of good cocoa
2 tablespoons of dessicated coconut
120g butter
1 large egg, beaten
150g good dark chocolate
60g butter
(I use dark toblerone as my chocolate)
Instructions:
- Melt butter with sugar, cocoa and coconut, stirring.
- When mixture is melted and smooth, remove from heat and cool a bit 
(otherwise you will end up with chocolate scrambled eggs!)
- add egg, stir in
- Add crushed biscuits, mix thoroughly (I find I don't use quite all the biscuits)
- Press firmly into a greased sandwich tin (or 20 x 20cm square tin)
- Melt chocolate with butter, and spread evenly on top
- Put in the fridge, and after about 10 minutes sprinkle a little extra coconut on top.
- Leave for a couple of hours, then cut into pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment